Recent Papers and Presentations
Jeya Padmanaban – Published Peer Reviewed Papers by Topic
Jeya Padmanaban – Presentations
- "Warranty Trend Analysis and Projected Lifetime Failure Rates for Use in Automotive Class Action and Personal Injury Cases" -American Bar association, “2017 Emerging Issues in Product Liability Litigation”
- “Benefit Cost Analysis in the Context of Product Liability Litigation,” DRI Product Liability Conference, Las Vegas, February 2015 (with Andrea Studley Knowles and Stephen P. Goldberger).
- “In-Depth Crash Data Analysis,” Keynote address, Symposium on International Automotive Technology (SIAT), Pune, India, January 2015.
- “Lies, Damn Lies, and Statistics-True?” 2011 SGMA Litigation & Risk Management Summit (LRMS), April 5, 2011.
- “Use of Statistical Accident Rate Comparison Evidence,” DRI Product Liability Conference, April 7-9, 2010.
- “SGMA Litigation and Risk Management Summit Presentation on CPSIA,” 2010 SGMA Litigation and Risk Management Summit, April 6, 2010.
- “Challenges in Helmets, Seats, Seatbelts, Airbags and Collapsible Steering,” 2010 Road Traffic Accidents and Safety Measures Conference, India, March 13, 2010.
- Biomechanics, Vehicle Safety and Accident Analysis, Instructor and co-organizer of this second annual Automotive Safety Seminar, sponsored by JP Research Inc. and the Automotive Research Association of India. Courses presented included: “Accident Data and Analyses-U.S.,” Pune, India, December 2007.
- “Road Safety Around the World,” Keynote Address for the Symposium on International Automotive Technology, Pune, India, January 2007.
- Road Safety – Miles to Go Before We Sleep?, Instructor and co-sponsor of JP Research. Inc. and 5th Generation Technologies’ Automotive Safety Seminar. Courses presented included: “Overview of Motor Vehicle Crash Data by Country,” “Effectiveness of Seat Belts, Air Bags, and Child Safety Seats,” “Crash Data Collection/Maintenance/ Application by Federal and State Transportation Agencies in the US” “Injuries to Children,” and “Pedestrian Accidents and Injuries in Asia, Europe, and the US,” Mahabalipuram, India, August 11, 2006.
- “Rollover Data Analysis,” Invited speaker at the Society of Automotive Engineers World Congress & Exhibition, Detroit, Michigan, April 14, 2005.
- “Crash Data Examination and Analysis,” Invited speaker at the Society of Automotive Engineers World Congress & Exhibition, Detroit, Michigan, April 12, 2005.
- “Some Key Applications of NASS CDS Data,” Invited speaker at the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s National Center for Statistics and Analysis NASS Update Training Conference, Orlando, Florida, November 16-19, 2004.
- “Automotive Safety Analysis Using Accident Data,” Guest speaker at the SAE “Injuries, Anatomy, Biomechanics & Federal Regulation” Seminar (in conjunction with the 2001 Future Transportation Technology Conference), August 21, 2001.
- “The Aging Driver on the Road,” Instructor, 14th Annual Trauma Symposium, Stanford Hospital and Clinics, Center for Education, July 30, 2001.
- “Crash Injury Experience of Elderly Drivers,” AAAM Symposium on Aging and Driving, Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine, Southfield, Michigan, February 19-20, 2001.
- “Automotive Safety Research Using Accident Data,” SAE Western India Section, Division 2000 presentation, Pune, India, August 2, 2000.
- SAE World Congress 2000, Chairperson of session on Airbag Performance in Real World Crashes, Society of Automotive Engineers, Detroit, Michigan, March 2000.
- “Accident Data and Statistics” SAE Passenger Car Rollover TOPTEC, January 21, 1999, Speaker.
- “Injuries, Anatomy, Biomechanics & Federal Regulation,” SAE seminar, Aug 10-12, 1998, Guest Lecturer.
- “Evaluation of Airbag Systems,” Emerging Issues in Motor Vehicle Product Liability Litigation, Phoenix, AZ, April 2-3, 1998.
- “Performance of Passive Restraints in Real World Accidents,” Organizer and Speaker, TOPTEC, Society of Automotive Engineering, San Francisco, California, May 1995.